Thursday, January 12, 2006

Real life

Well, I've learned several valuable lessons in life in the course of these past few weeks. Such as, the weapons of Truth and Honor no longer seem to be as effective as they used to be in days of old. It seems to me now that honorable, one-on-one talk has no place in a world that clearly values facades and showmanship over good ol' integrity.  Also, I've seen firsthand how talented UP students can be in the realm of "politicking." I see future Miriam Defensor Santiago's in the making. Good Lord, what is this country coming to when intelligence and tenacity are misused?


* * * *


The perennial question remains... Does the end truly justify the means?


I know now that I can never go into politics. Leave the rat race to the rats, I say.


* * * *


On the bright side of life... I FINALLY got to see NARNIA. Wahoo! I have a bit of a crush on Mr. Tumnus. Ehehehe. And Peter, of course. If only he was a better actor.


* * * *


My cold is getting better!! Today I vocalized a bit and managed to hit my upper notes with a more bell-like clarity compared to the croaks emanating from my larynx from a few days ago. Yaaaaay!!


Oh, to be able to sing properly again...


Disaster! I've been reassigned to a different role in our opera. :( One of our classmates is going on a leave of absence, and now I have to study an entirely different part. Drat... one half sem gone to waste.


It doesn't help any that the new part is tougher vocally. :( :(


Ooooh! Our College is having its second concert on the 11th of February, Saturday, 8 pm, at the CCP Main Theater. I got so excited, I purchased tickets already. I don't want a repeat of what happened last year... the tickets were sold out and the only reason I got tickets was because a friend of mine couldn't make it and sold her tickets to me. EVERYONE's going to be there!! The Orchestra, the Madrigal Singers, the Band... AaaaAAaa!! If this year's concert will be half as great as last year's, then my allowance-for-a-week investment in tickets will be well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment