Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy birthday!!

Shout out to my friend, the pianist Maestro Raymond Sanga!! Happy birthday!!! :-) Haha ang gurang mo na.


Wasn't able to attend his little handaan tonight.:( Sadness. Our little brother got sick kasi. And, of course, there's the fact that we live so far away from UP Diliman. (sigh) It's not easy to attend late night parties (like Franco's last Friday, which was a lot of fun even though Tata and I left 7 hours before the party REALLY ended).


Sometimes I wish I was allowed to stay out late, to go to parties and attend all the concerts I want. Sometimes nga lang, hehe. But aside from that, I'm really happy with my life. Besides, there's more to college life than birthday parties, inuman's and sleep-overs. There are the memorable conversations ranging from the most mundane topics to the most deep, philosophical ones. In my college, there are the jamming sessions where we don't sing bel canto and do our own rendition of Westlife/Backstreet Boys songs instead.


Had my major and minor today... and in Ensemble class, we finally sang the first 5 songs of Brahms' "Liebeslieder," which is for SATB and two pianos. Enrico's kindly agreed to sing the bass part, yay!! He's so good, grabe, it's so inspiring to sing with him. Oooh and in MuEd our group prepared our arguments for Friday's Debate: "Musical Intelligence... the product of Nature or Nurture?"  We're the nurture group. Yay! I strongly believe Nurture plays a bigger role in determining M.I.


Tomorrow is a big day. Need some shut eye. I desperately need to acquire perfect pitch in order to sing my part properly in Menotti's The Old Maid and The Thief. It's a one act opera, and it's kinda atonal. :( Hardly any reference pitches! And no arias to speak of... it's like the whole opera is made up of recitatives. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... ang hirap niya.

No comments:

Post a Comment