Monday, October 6, 2008

A Couple of Recital Plugs

Happiness is getting to finish all the papers required for the most terrible of subjects one day in advance (all that remains is for me to get around printing them, easy-peasy!).

Happiness is resting secure in the knowledge that the dreaded finals for the aforementioned "most terrible of subjects" is OPEN-NOTES (Though there are some who would hyperventilate at this, thinking that it certainly means an exam of the hardest calibre).

Happiness is having a couple of minutes free to type a quick blog post in the middle of the week.

So! Today I sat in the panel for the special voice exams (for the recitalists this sem). Regular voice exams are scheduled next week, the list was posted in the Voice Dept. bulletin board this morning.

It was my first time to do so, and it was... an eye-opening experience. Let's leave it at that. :)

It was more tiring than I expected, but I really enjoyed myself especially when I watched Zuri Valbuena's recital audition.

Calling all Sir Eudy fans! Sir Eudenice Palaruan (yup, the one and only Sir Eudy) will be performing as Dulcamara in Donizetti's opera, L'ELISIR D'AMORE. He stole the limelight for me, I'm afraid. What a superb actor/singer Sir Eudy is!

Sir Eudy and a wonderful cast of singers will be performing for one night only at the SOLAIR Auditorium, UP Diliman, on Oct.14, Tuesday next week, 8:00 PM.

These great singers include sopranos Anna Migallos and Maricris Joaquin, baritones Noel Azcona and Eudenice Palaruan, the UP Concert Chorus, and will be conducted by Camille Lopez-Molina (who is a diva soprano herself, as well as an accomplished accompanist... in short, an all-around musician). :)

Oh and did I say that Sir Eudy Palaruan will be singing in the opera?

Hahaha it was the highlight of my day. Just recalling it makes me grin broadly.

Tenor Eric Ferrer will be having his graduation recital on the same day, it is a production of "LA TRAVIATA" (for production photos, please go to this page). It will be at 7:00 PM, at the Abelardo Hall Auditorium in CMu, UP Diliman. Soprano Alegria Ferrer will be performing, along with several other excellent singers.

If only I could halve myself in two, so I can attend both recitals. :)

Whether you choose the comedic opera or the tragic one, I assure you, you will be in for a musical/visual treat.

'Tis recital season once again, and oh! Ain't it grand! :)

14 comments:

  1. waaaah sir eudy!!! I should watch that!!!

    Waah oh no teacher Gabi! I haven't seen my panel yet for my voice exam.. Scary! hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad for Bianx she couldn't do her recital this month, too busy with the Madz. I've already sent her the gowns for this, but she'll take her remedial next month. Please pray that she'll make it good just like her first one. She's trying her best to finfish her diploma in music this school year and hopefully her BM in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aray, so hindi ako kasama sa great singers? LOL.

    joke lang gabi, and thanks for staying for the whole thing!!! hahahaha. Ü

    although i was REALLY hoping you'd stop me before the end, coz i was SUPER tired na. lol. =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. naku tita mimi, bonafide madz major na nga si bianca, haha! :)

    sa mga recitalists, good luck! hope i can watch everyone's recital, but have to work and prepare for the big day!

    gabi, anong feeling ng ikaw na ang nagpapanel, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hay naku Em she's really enjoying the Madz now more than ever because of the new batch but of course she learned a lot from the senior members like you. When you graduated Cum Laude I told her what happened to her promise that she'll graduate with honors but now my only concern is for her to finish her studies. Are you getting married soon? When is the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oo nga gabz! sama mo naman name ni zuri sa plug! recital nya eh hindi ni sir eudi hehe. sowee taray ko ba.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i second the motion, joke :-P i don't even know if i can make it to any of the recitals! (my bad, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diba??? Hehe this is the first time I've seen him perform. :) He should do so more often! Ang galing galing talaga!

    Good luck sa finals, Krina! And congratulations on your recital, sorry I couldn't go watch. What a huge loss, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ma'am, okay lang naman din po because Bianca is learning so much with the Madz. Plus she gets to travel the world. Her education is of a different sort, the kind that one cannot get in the classroom and reading books. :) I will pray that she does very well in her remaining recitals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zuri! Aritz! Em! Di naman sa ganun... Yung pangalan nga ni Zuri yung unang una, even before Sir Eudy's. :)

    And Zuri... we really had to listen to everything :( Congrats again for a job well done, and God bless on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe I keep thinking that it's a dream, that if I pinch myself I'll wake up and find myself in the middle of preparations for my grad recital. weird hehe

    GOD BLESS FOR YOUR BIG DAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha joke nga lang gabi eh! =p

    ah really? kasi di raw pinatapos kina ate jeanelle eh, kala ko suswertehin din ako. hehehe. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's very true the experience is very educational aside from enjoyable. Thanks for praying I know that she would opt for a remedial with good performance than doing it on time but half baked. She is a perfectionist when it comes to her craft and I'm sure this goes with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grabe gabz! I still can't believe na teacher ka na talaga! Not that you don't deserve the title. It's more of, dati lang magkasama tayo sa chocolate kiss having cheese cake, ngayon panel na kita sa exams!!! Ang weird ng feeling hehe :)

    ReplyDelete