Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Can't Believe It's Time for School Again" --> sung to the tune of a Westlife song

Last sem I took Theater 131 under a living legend... Sir Behn Cervantes. This sem, I'm privileged to be under yet ANOTHER living legend, Dr. Anton Juan. He only speaks a dozen or so  languages, and only graduated with highest honors from schools in Greece, Italy, and Japan. Your typical UP genius prof, right?

HA!

Here's to another "feeling-theater-major" sem for me, because of a 10-unit Theater class. It's gonna be one heck of a ride, but hey! I think I'm going to enjoy this. :)
++++++

I don't know who'll be my voice teacher this sem.

++++++

The PAGLIACCI rehearsal sched is going to kill me.

++++++

"Little Red Riding Hood": the poem we're supposed to interpret physically for Stage Movement class

Red Riding Hood
In the book
Walked in the woods
When she was little
If she grew up
Or died a sudden death
No one can tell
She was brittle
To star [in] a fairy tale
Brittle
To deliver goods
Crossing the woods
Without an elder
Brittle
To flaunt a red outfit
When young girls
Are supposed to dress in pink
The red outfit
She wore
I wonder...
Is it from a whore?
Did it come with
Red fingertips?
Red lips?
Red stockings?
Red undies.
Did her nose bleed?
Who told [her] to wear it?
Mere instincet?
Was it bought cheap?
Borrowed?
Shiny?
Or
Old?
Details were untold
Unfold
The rest of the story...
Red Riding Hood
Red in sight
Alive
With passion
Lost glory
Red is unholy
To the big bad wolf
Off
And running
Cunning
Red in heat
Smelling
Seeing
Red meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment