Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Too busy to blog

A quick update on what's been going on in my life...

   * Was part of the chorus in our college's (and the CCP's) production of Pagliacci (one of two operas performed on July 2, 2006). Got to sing with orchestra for the first time evah! It was INTIMIDATING. 
      Were all those sleep deprived nights and missed classes worth it? 
      We shall see. Depends on how soon I can catch up with my school work.

   * Am singing as part of the chorus for Kuya Armin's masteral recital (a Rossini mass!! COOOOOOL!!) as well as the restaging of Kuya Paul's recital. These are on September 22 and September 5, respectively. Nood kayo! It's free
naman e.

   * Am rushing to learn my required pieces for my first recital (*cough*)... which...by the bye... is on the 20th of October, 5:30 to 7 pm at the Abelardo Auditorium, College of Music. :)  Ma'am Cura picked such nice songs for me... am so happy!

   * Am currently nursing a hoarse throat as a result of my ten-minute screaming session during Theater 130 class this afternoon under Sir Anton Juan. Kailangan e. It's the Greek way of teaching drama, I guess. Will ask Sir if I can "place" my voice next time. :(( huhuhu I wasn't able to sing tuloy during my voice lesson later on with Ma'am Aileen. Shucks. Kakahiya.

   * Am trying to choreograph a movement piece utilizing the concept of Open/Close. Ideas, anyone?

   * Am cramming learning CARMINA BURANA for Conducting 100, which is turning out to be a looooot harder than I thought it would be. I'll bet my arms will be soooo toned after a sem of all this hand waving. :)

Okay ...no more time to type. Hopefully I get to update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment