Monday, June 7, 2021

Book Review: CROWN OF CORAL AND PEARL by Mara Rutherford (Crown of Coral and Pearl Book # 1)

Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The line for the vaccine jab was particularly long, and my mistake was that I only brought ONE book. Good thing my twin sister brought a book too! We swapped books and this was hers.

Serendipitously, it was also about twins! Written by an author (a triplet) who intimately knows of the struggle for identity as well as the sacred bonds of siblinghood that twins share.

I thought it was a nice enough fantasy novel, if a bit predictable. It's standard fantasy fare: a young girl from the countryside (in this case: the seaside) chosen to be a princess, who must decide between two princes while navigating the politics and intrigue of a hostile court.

In short, it was a pleasant diversion from all the stress of an 8:00 AM-3:30 PM wait for the vaccine jab LOL.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment