Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Book Review: DOORKEEPER (A Graphic Novel)

Doorkeeper: A Graphic NovelDoorkeeper: A Graphic Novel by Scott Lee Chua

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Things don't change right away, but the revolution... It begins with whispers and murmurs, and an old tune that won't fade."

I truly believe Filipino authors and artists are world class, and this short work is proof! Comparisons to SANDMAN are inevitable, but DOORKEEPER is uniquely Filipino. With a collection of short stories that reinterpret our country's past and foretell a possible future... beautifully told and exquisitely illustrated... and a frame narrative that ultimately brought me to tears, this is a winner! My only complaint is that it was too short! I want, nay, NEED... more.

I hope a sequel will follow!

This book also made me realize that a re-read of FLORANTE AT LAURA is in order 😂

(Rated 4 out of 5 stars)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment