Saturday, December 1, 2018

Book Review: DAWN (Xenogenesis / Lilith's Brood # 1) by Octavia E. Butler

Dawn (Xenogenesis, #1)Dawn by Octavia E. Butler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"You are fascinating. You are horror and beauty in rare combination."

The same could be said for this book, which came highly recommended by Seiah Yu (thanks so much dear!!!). I can't believe it took me this long to read Octavia Butler, and oh wow, the hype is well deserved!

Octavia Butler writes so simply and clearly, and yet conveys very complex ideas (for example: about what it means to be human in a world completely taken over by an alien species)... In what seems so effortless and unforced a manner. I am now a fan!!! ❤️ šŸ˜

She is so original!!! I have never read nor even imagined anything as wild as the plot twists in this book. Can't wait to read the next two in the Xenogenesis trilogy.

Reading her is like holding a mirror to the human race, pointing out our flaws as well as our strengths. Like, who knew cancerous cells could be a good thing??!!

Five out of five stars!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment