Monday, May 7, 2007

Teaching 3 to 6 year olds is fun!

I've been a CASA teacher for one week now. I handle the Creative Music Experiences class for 3 to 6 year olds, one hour a day, everyday. Being amongst the little ones is such an enjoyable experience!! They are so innocent and affectionate, not to mention so adorable and cute. True, they can be noisy. But then, "Noisy kids are smart kids," I always say!


They take such joy in doing the littlest things, and squeal in delight over the simplest songs and games. They're so excited about everything. I feel so jaded and old next to them! I emerge from these music lessons tired but happy. The secret to eternal youth, I find, is teaching youngsters.


My schedule nowadays is as follows:


6 a.m. Breakfast with the family


7 a.m. Leave the house with the parents


8 a.m. Teach Voice


10 a.m. My Creative Musical Experiences class 


11 a.m. Teach Voice / Pass on to the other teachers what I know about Kodaly Method... and a bit of Musicianship also


12:30. Lunch with the parents


1 p.m. Quick nap


2 p.m. Plan for the next day's lessons


5 p.m. Leave the school. We sometimes go malling and have merienda, as a family. BONDING!! :)


8 p.m. Dinner with the family


9 p.m. Finalize lesson plans/ Make visual aids/materials for the next day's lesson/ Practice the piano accompaniment for my voice students' pieces


10 p.m. Goodnight world!


Am currently reading SOPHIE'S WORLD. It's a philosophy textbook "masquerading" as a novel, Tata says. No problem with me. Am liking it thus far.


New musical find: LIBERA! It's like a boy band, only it's composed of young boys from the best choirs all over England. Search for them in youtube! You won't regret it, I swear.


Tata's back! My twinnie's back from a week-long retreat in Baguio with the other Ateneo de Manila high school faculty. I missed her terribly. The house was so silent when she was gone.


We're going out tomorrow night to celebrate Tata's return and to watch Jaime in Greenbelt 2. Ooooh... whattowear whattowear whattowear?

1 comment: