Saturday, May 12, 2007

Book lover or notebook lover?

I spent more on notebooks than I did for buying books yesterday, during the 1st Ex Libris Philippines Booksale Warehouse Raid aka THE GREAT RAID!


A big THANK YOU to princevogelfrei! He was the one who discovered the fabulous Moleskine notebooks for sale at the back of the warehouse... for a fraction of their original price!


I swear... my heart almost gave out when I found out how much they were being sold for...


all of 140 pesos.


My memory's pretty fuzzy from that moment on... it's all one big blur of desperately searching for more Moleskine 'rejects.' Some big shot had apparently bought a thousand pieces and rejected a few flawed notebooks which the Ex Libris gang fought over. Hehe. Am exaggerating. I don't think anyone went home emptyhanded. Good thing there were still enough notebooks left over for all of us.


I am F-U-L-F-I-L-L-E-D!!!!!


Apart from the notebooks, I managed to buy several bee-ooo-teee-foool children's books (singable ones! hehe), several Fodor's and Frommer's travel guides worth about a hundred each lang, a big book of Dr. Seuss stories, and the Rough Guide to Jazz. 


Great (note)books, great company, and a workout all in one day! Can hardly wait for the next Ex Libris Phil. outing. ;)


Shrek 3, anyone?

9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD, I hate you! That jazz book is over 1kiao in Powerbooks! Grrrrrrrrr! And the Moleskins! I've always wanted one--magpapaka-Gaiman or Hemingway kunyari.

    Is this the Powerbooks sale in Pasig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I was a witness to this. Para kang sinaninaban!!! Hehe. Thanks din pala for my advance Birthday present. Im planning to use it as my thesis notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! :) Really? I got it for 250 pesos at the Booksale Warehouse. Actually ang totoong hinahanap ko yung Rough Guide for Opera but I found the Jazz One. My copy's almost as good as new, a few folds here and there lang. :-)

    Don't you just LOVE Booksale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear! It was like the Rage Virus was taking control of me! Rage for Moleskines! bwahaha. You're very welcome Christian. :) Naks naman... I'm sure mas lalapitan ka ng Genius of Architecture with your lovely notebook.

    They say it's not in the notebook... it's in the content.

    Whoever said that was probably a frustrated wannabe Moleskine owner! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diba?!? Original ones, too! :) With the label and everything. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi gabz

    can anyone go to the BOOKSALE warehouse? where is it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. It's in Better Living, Paranaque. You have to make arrangements with them before visiting, and you have to spend a minimum of 5,000 :-( Their no. can be found at their website http://www.booksale.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  8. yikes ang mahal naman. so you really have to go in groups i guess ,,,

    thanks gabz! :)

    ReplyDelete