Sunday, December 22, 2019

Book Review: MOOMIN (Comic Strip Vol. 2)

Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 2Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 2 by Tove Jansson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Book 2 has four new stories told in the form of comic strips, and we are introduced to Mymble and Little My, and Mrs. Fillyjonk! And it is every bit as charming as the first volume.

It is so comforting to read! A fitting book to start the Christmas break with. It offers advice on how to rear children ("I don't like to keep scolding them. I just pour some water over them... or lemonade."), how to embrace change instead of blindly following society's dictates ("No, we are not going to hibernate. We shall create new traditions!"), how to face life with humor and joy, and how to be generous with one's neighbors.

We love Moomin!

View my review for Volume 1 here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment