Monday, November 18, 2019

Book Review: MOOMIN (Comic Strip Vol. 1)

Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 1Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 1 by Tove Jansson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


One of my favorite books as a child was Tove Jansson's "Comet in Moominland." I remember loving every part of the novel... The dialogue, the illustrations, the cover... It was just PERFECT!

But it wasn't until this first volume that I got to read about Moomin's adventures in comic strip form. And it's just as perfect! Old-school charm, humor with a bit of snarkiness, and a surprising amount of adult themes (including heavily hinted depression) make for a unique reading experience that I just can't get enough of. I need more Moomin in my life!!!

Moomin shows us that problems do come, they are unavoidable... But as long as you've got your family, "with imagination and faith, all problems will be solved!“
May we all "live in peace, plant potatoes, and dream!"



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment