Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Book Review: ARM OF THE SPHINX (The Books of Babel # 2) by Josiah Bancroft

Arm of the Sphinx (The Books of Babel, #2)Arm of the Sphinx by Josiah Bancroft

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Do not allow small people to make large impressions. Do not fritter your beauty upon mirrors. Do not make wishes, for wishes only curse the life you have. Never forget, you stand at the end of a long line of short lives."

Book 2 of THE BOOKS OF BABEL SERIES was a pretty good sequel, although it must be said Book 1 was in another league of awesome. The 2nd book ended on such a cliffhanger, and now I simply MUST look for Book 3!

Why do I like this series so much?

Because it's a simple story, beautifully told, that can be read at its most basic level as the adventures of a teacher in his quest to recover his lost wife... But also, it can be viewed as one big metaphor for humanity's struggle with progress. And I'm just so emotionally invested, after the agony of witnessing an honorable man driven to do less than honorable deeds... for love.

See my review for Book 1 of the series here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment