Thursday, November 15, 2007

Doodles in the Loo

Just wanted to share some of the graffiti (yeah, it's vandalism... tsk tsk tsk) written on the cubicle walls of the Girl's Loo, Math Building.

There's some poetic stuff (that probably never saw the light of a CW 10 workshop... but there's some heartfelt pathos in between the lines and one can't help but sympathize):

What hurts the most was being so close

And having so much to say

And watching you walk away

And never knowing what could have been

And not seeing that loving you

That's what I was trying to do ...

 

And by the same author (I think... her signature is a drawing of a flower):

 

He's the reason for the tear drops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

He's the song in the car I keep singing

Don't know why I do.

 

There's some of the usual kilig rants: ATOM ARAULLO I LOVE YOU!!!

To which a helpful soul replied: Here's his number! 0927_ _ _ _ _ _ _ TEXT HIM NA!

 

There's some literary discussion as well:

Maganda pa ang PANDORA ni Anne Rice?

   Oo, pinakamatinong sinulat niya ito.

 

Some more musings on love:

Pwede bang ma-inlove dahil lang sa in love ka sa ideang love mo siya? (Ang gulo no?)

     And the reply: False love, in short... NO, my dear.

 

A frustrated girl wrote: Graduate na crush ko! WaaaAAAaaaaa.....

 

And who is Stephen Larcia?? His name was written all over the place... he and Atom are the contenders for "most-beloved" of UP iska's.

 

There was a list of FASCISTS:

1. Hitler

2. GMA

3. (A certain math prof)

4. (Another math prof)

 

And this is my personal favorite:

Math 17 is just a phase... This too shall pass.

   To which someone replied: But Math 100 is eternal.

~ ~ ~ ~

Busy busy days! I'm so sleep from waking up before 5 a.m. everyday to make it to class on time at 7.

Unfortunately, there are days when the traffic is so bad (like today!!!) because of rain/ traffic accidents... like today, I arrived 1 hour and 10 minutes late for Math 2. T.T  We were on the road for two hours and a half, almost. AaaAAArgh! And then U.P. decides to suspend class at the beautifully late hour of 3 pm. What's the point?

~ ~ ~

I was assigned an opera! We're doing DON PASQUALE by Gaetano Donizetti. I'm playing Norina, a flirtatious little vixen.

Must. Internalize. The songs are quite challenging, not to mention SUPER DUPER HIGH! Oh well. Practice practice practice!

24 comments:

  1. i love it gabbi! naappreciate ko bigla ang mga doodles! super creative mo! fun fun! *enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry cant get over! the best talaga as in! super natutuwa ako! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! :-) I aim to please. Glad you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahaha...so funny.. i wonder, hindi ba natin pwedeng i-consider ang mga ito as part of literary? art? anything? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. : )
    May nakakatuwa rin (at lalo na!) sa AS.

    one doodle in this an armchair sa isang room saying : push button to eject prof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! those doodles are so fascinating! sort of a sampling of the minds of UP students amidst everyday drama. i wonder if there's a book that catalogues that kind of writing.

    yikes, how does one internalize a flirtatious girl? hmmm *ponders*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kilala ko si Stephen Larcia. Orgmate ko sya sa Tennis UP. He's pretty popular with the girls nga...

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool!
    i read it twice...Ü i'm fond of reading doodles in the loos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Thanks for enlightening me. :) Iniisip ko kung student ba siya or a really cute math prof. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merong variation yan: Push button to eject seatmate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe it depends on the authorities behind the "canon" ... the same way that there is a (heavily-Western based) musical canon, meron ding literary/ artistic canon. They decide what gets to be called "Art" with a capital A or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ned! :) Hehe, it beats reading the newspaper, no?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... hang around flirty chicks? Care to join me? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. korek!Ü
    ahaha... lalo na yung may sagutan. funny!Ü
    i admire how you made it more interesting Gabbi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this post, Gabby. Hehe, I know what it says on the walls of the FC restrooms. ;p

    Strangely enough, lines like the one above make me feel homesick. I miss the potential for suprise supsensions, yes, even at three in the afternoon or by twelve noon (when everyone's already in school and stranded by floods because of the admin's indecision). There are hardly any suprises like that here. All the public holidays are set, and no matter how heavily it's raining, students know that the power isn't going to go out and the streets aren't going to get flooded (well, almost all of the time) -- which is a good thing, I guess. Why am I complaining? I guess I really do miss the surprises. UP had a lot of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doodles on cubicles makes peeing or whatever more fun... XP

    A refreshing sight amidst "nosebleed-inducing" test papers and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how do you learn how to convincingly act like a flirt?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ma'am Lorie! :) Aw, you are sorely missed here in U.P. We hope you can come back and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Gabby. Naku, naging "Ma'am Lorie" ulit. No need for the "ma'am" (hehehe, nagpapakabata uli) ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read this too at the ground floor ladies room two sems ago when I took Math 2... I just loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gabs! I'm writing an article for Inquirer's 2bU about toilet cubicle graffiti. May I grab some of the doodles you collected here (since all these have probably been covered up in new layers of paint by now :P)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was looking for an Atom Araullo fanfiction (Don't ask me why ��) but Google happened to show me this. Such an old-age yet still, an interesting post! This takes me back during the old days in high school where I kill time by reading conversations written on a toilet door. Wondering if the blog is still being updated... more power to the writer! <3

    ReplyDelete