Friday, June 15, 2007

First Week of School

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVA!!! :) Today was her "12th" birthday, and being the overly generous girl that she is, she treated some of us to pizza in the SC. We had so much fun! Great food, great company, what more can one ask for?

Riva dear, I'm so sorry... alam mo na kung bakit. Hope we can have a "date" soon, haha! Just the two of us. We have so much to talk about... *hug*

Congratulations to Feona and Anna in advance! They're singing tonight at Paco Park, with Oliver Salonga the pianist. Too bad I couldn't watch. Big time na sila, wahoo! Go batchmates!

The first week of class consisted of myself attending classes where more often than not the prof. was absent (ho hum... was expecting it already, so I brought along things to occupy myself with... i.e. scotch tape, scissors and scores for the instrumentalists who oh-so-generously agreed to accompany me).

No profs = free time = several opportunities to catch up with old friends, make several new ones and take care of extra-curricular activies. Like joining the UP Vocal Ensemble!!! Albeit temporarily. :) I'll be singing with them on Monday night for the UP's Foundation Day performance at the University Theater. We'll be singing BAHAY by Gary Granada, SA MAHAL KONG BAYAN by Lucio San Pedro, UP NAMING MAHAL and TAGUMPAY. I have to memorize all four songs over the weekend, gulp! But I am so psyched to be singing with a choir again, even if it's only for one night. Brings back high school Chorale memories.

 I'm slowly but surely becoming a (brewed) coffee addict. It's a good thing I'll no longer grow any taller. I can drink all the coffee I want without fear of growing up to be vertically challenged. :)

Ah... this is the life... living at a slower pace is so nice! I have the time to appreciate every little event, every jeepney ride, each friendly greeting, each memorable conversation.

This week has been one of the most enjoyable of my life. An auspicious beginning, indeed. Here's to the semester to come!

2 comments: