Saturday, June 30, 2007

First Few Weeks of School

It's official! I am now an (assistant) teacher at Multiple Intelligence School (Grade 1) and San Vicente Elementary School (Grade 4).

So far I'm enjoying my teaching stint. :) MuEd 125.... take it take it take it! You'll learn so much.

luff the actual teaching... I must admit I have little patience for making lesson plans. They rarely get followed exactly as they were written down naman e...that's why it's called an "l.p.." it's just a plan.

I now have a tentative date for my 3rd undergrad recital! October 16, 2007, Tuesday, 6 p.m. at Aldaba Hall. Haha ang lakas ng loob kong ipost. This is T.E.N.T.A.T.I.V.E!! meaning i have to pass the auditons/exams first.

I also have a rehearsal sched with the instrumentalists, kulang na lang cellist! It's so hard to find a continuo cellist. I'm overwhelmed that the great Sir Eudy Palaruan agreed to play the harpsichord continuo... it is SUCH an honor!

I'm enjoying my NatSci 2 and STS classes immensely, I must say. Why weren't we taught Science like THIS back in high school? I swear, I might have been a Geologist/ Chemist/ Physicist in college had I been taught the way the U.P. profs teach. They're amazing... hats off to Sir Mahar Lagmay (he has a Ph.D. in Geology from CAMBRIDGE!?!?! *idol*) and Sir Fidel Nemenzo for making my 2 science courses infinitely interesting. I don't mind waking up at 4:45 a.m. to make it to Sir Mahar's 7 a.m. NatSci 2 class on time. :) It's worth it.

I've also joined Kuya Armin Comon's NOLI cast. So exciting!?!?! But the rehearsal sched.isn't easy... Thursdays and Saturdays 6-8 p.m. are blocked for almost the entire sem. As Keith  put it, "We won't be going out much for the next few months." Haha! Korek ka diyan, Keith.

I missed the Ex Libris Philippines June book session today. :( I went to UP along with Tata with every intention of going, unfortunately THE CURSE hit me so powerfully... I was K.O'd from the pain as soon as I arrived in U.P. :( Times like these, it sucks to be a girl. At least men feel pain only once their entire lives. *harrumph* And you consider yourselves the stronger sex??!

Oh yeah! We watched TRANSFORMERS last night! Wahoo! K.E.W.L.E.S.T. movie of the century! (Next to "300," of course)

Also, the National Bookstore branch in Powerplant Rockwell is now open! Tata and i screamed when we found out, and RAN inside, abandoning all poise and finesse. Good thing Rockwell was (and still is) on sale this weekend. I got Khaled Hosseini's new book, A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS. Am already halfway through it... it's as engrossing as its predecessor, THE KITE RUNNER (which is now on the Ateneo highschool reading list, I understand).

Okay, gotta go pay off my sleep debt now, while I can. Tomorrow is designated LESSON PLAN MAKING / DOING HOMEWORK day. Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. Multiple Intelligence?! My brother goes there. hehe. Grade 6. wala lang. hello teacher joy! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. need..to..watch..t.r.a.n.s.f.o.r.m.e.r.s.... talaga? sir eudy? wooow ready your cameras for the event:) you have to be caught in the same picture together, or video:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to the 5-storey Fully Booked in Serendra? Fully Booked Rockwell is already heaven for me, I might die at the Serendra branch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 storeys?!?!?!?!!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

    Hehe. Halata naman sa reaction ko that i haven't been there. Newly opened branch siya? *hyperventilates*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grade 6? What section? There's a grade six section that immediately goes in the Music Room after I teach Grade 1A on Tuesdays and Thursdays...whatasmallworld!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transformers fan ka ba when you were a kid? hehe. I'm definitely a BUMBLEBEE fan... he's so cute! Reminds me of my dog, haha.

    Sir Eudy = Woooooow talaga! I'm his biggest fan, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. serendra!!! its sooo nice...we should go..............................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, just last week, I think. There's also a branch in the Promenade in Greenhills, 3 floors yata yun.

    Fully Booked is the only place here in the Philippines that makes me wish I was born rich!!! The books, CDs, notebooks, gift items--aaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete