Sunday, February 26, 2006

Scary, Confusing Times

We live quite near Fort Bonifacio... and quite frankly, I'm scared to go out of the house. Late this afternoon we went out to buy supplies at the grocery, but a trip that was only supposed to take half an hour took two instead, thanks to re-routing due to blockades. We had to go through two checkpoints, NOT a pleasant experience. It's different seeing it on the news and seeing the crowd gathering in Fort Bonifacio firsthand. I'm so worried sick about all the goings on, and especially because there are so many fellow UP students who will be gathering in front of Oble tonight, preparing to rally tomorrow. I just pray that they will be safe.

Am I a coward for wanting to play it safe, for staying at home instead of fighting for freedom in the streets? I think not. I am a patriot, and I love my country dearly. But I do not believe that marching in the streets and going against the government is the way to save the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment