Friday, February 10, 2006

A Most Exciting Day

Finally, the weekend's here! I FINALLY have time for a quickie (a quick post, that is... you dirty minded reader, you...) :)


Set out extra early today, and got to my college at 6:50 a.m. I managed to reserve the ONE AND ONLY available practice room on Fridays, from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., and had a VERY productive 2 hour practice session. Afterwards, I was so tired and hungry, and a bit hoarse, but there's nothing like the feeling of contentment, knowing that one has practiced extremely well.


Tata and I set out from UP at 10 a.m. to have a look-see at ANAWIM, "the home for God's poor," for our Theater class outreach production there next Saturday. What we thought would be a quick trip turned out to be an ADVENTURE!?!?! We got lost countless times, and had to ask for directions from all sorts of people. The online map was far from accurate. It was also misleading. If you look at the time, you'd think ANAWIM was a couple of minutes away from Batasan. But NO!! It's all the way in Montalban, Rizal. Sa kabukiran, literally. Pictures to follow.


ANAWIM turned out to be a small but clean place, situated in the center of rolling hills and green fields. An ideal place for a retreat, really. The place was very quiet, and very spiritual. Tata and I got to see some of the people who now live in ANAWIM... and it was heartbreaking. The old and the autistic, all abandoned by their own families. Most likely, ANAWIM will be their last homes. I look forward to going back next Saturday, and I will NOT come empty handed.


Made our way back to UP with little incident, this time taking the LITEX route which turned out to be faster (saved half the travel time!!). I had been expecting the worst, and had resigned myself to coming late for my MuEd class. Luckily, I made it back to UP in time. I made a hurried trip to my locker, deposited some books, got the required readings, ran to the Office to buy my 3 palitaws from Miss O... and when I got to the classroom, there was this huge sign on the door: NO CLASS TODAY. REPORTING RESUMES TUESDAY.


Honestly, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.


Classmate Krina was so happy at the prospect of having free time, she was skipping up and down the hallway. Hehe.


I went back to the B.H. and did a lot of catching up reading. I am SOOOO behind, honestly.


At 5:30, went to pick up Tata at A.S. and then we proceeded to Archi, where we met up with the Arki peeps. The 11 of us somehow fit inside Richard's van, and we made our way to Shakey's Katipunan, where we had dinner to celebrate Rich's 20th birthday. Had LOADS of fun, and laughed myself hoarse at Christian's antics. Ate so much ice cream, I'm sick of the stuff. Talk about BOTTOMLESS ice cream!!


(Aside: Richard's birthday was on the 8th... and so was Enrico's and Kuya Reggie's. A joint shout out to my three friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment