Saturday, February 11, 2023

Book Review: THE LIFE CHANGING MANGA OF TIDYING UP by Marie Kondo

The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying UpThe Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've been reading a lot of manga lately (and watching a lot of anime) so when I saw that the (in)famous Kondo book had this version, I suddenly developed an interest in reading it (sorry, picture-less version!).

This is one of those books one reads, and immediately feels more like a legitimate grown up upon finishing. With tips on how to store everything, the proper way to fold, and the correct attitude towards documents and every item at home, the manga sure packed a lot inside a cutesy romance frame narrative. Free up space in your home, tidy up and attract promotions and love life!

However, I found myself snorting in derision in many places, especially when it comes to Kondo's opinion on books. First of all, clapping one's hands over one's books won't "wake them up." And also, every book lover is an optimist that SOMEDAY, we shall get to read those books in our TBR pile.

Hmmm maybe I shall take this Adulting thing one step further and actually implement what she taught. When I have more free time, perhaps. Ahahaha.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment