Saturday, December 11, 2021

Book Review: AN ACTOR'S HANDBOOK by Konstantin Stanislavski

An Actor's Handbook: An Alphabetical Arrangement Of Concise Statements On Aspects Of ActingAn Actor's Handbook: An Alphabetical Arrangement Of Concise Statements On Aspects Of Acting by Konstantin Stanislavski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I put down this long-sought-for book, all I could think was... WOW. For so thin a volume, it packs a whole lot of golden truths! Not just for acting, but true also for Life in general.

I also thought of how lucky I was in my teachers... they taught me Stanislavski without me ever knowing it WAS Stanislavski!

The less said about this book, the better. Theatre people will know that there are truths meant to be lived and experienced, that no amount of lecturing and quoting is going to be a good enough substitute for DOING. And for non-theatre people... go ahead and read it! But for it to make sense, you need to apply it. Join a workshop. Audition for a show. The world would be a better place if everyone experienced being part of an artistic team at least once in their lives: a school play, a student orchestra, a community choir.

Excited to share this with my students!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment