Saturday, March 13, 2021

Book Review: A SKY BEYOND THE STORM (An Ember in the Ashes # 4) by Sabaa Tahir

A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)A ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"But as the days turned into weeks and months, I grew accustomed to the pain- the same way I learned to live with the scars... and instead of hating my heart, I began to marvel at its strength, at the fact that it thuds on insistently. I am here, it seems to say. For we are not done. We must live."

Now THAT'S how you end a series!!

You know it's a good book when it has you shouting curses and weep copious tears at the death of your favorite fictional character (this is NOT a spoiler, there are SO MANY CHARACTERS you'll fall in love with!!).

This is Y.A. done right. More bloody and violent than most others in the genre, but then, it is a harsher world we live in today.

Much like the real world, though there is heartache and suffering, there are also pockets of peace and joy.

"The answer is in living. In finding joy, however small, in every day. We'll struggle to trust happiness at first, perhaps. But we can trust ourselves to reach for it always."

What a ride. Thank you, Sabaa Tahir!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment