Friday, July 6, 2018

Book Review: The Wife by Meg Wolitzer

The WifeThe Wife by Meg Wolitzer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


"The moment I decided to leave him, the moment I thought, ENOUGH, we were 35,000 feet above the ocean, hurtling forward but giving the illusion of stillness and tranquility. Just like our marriage."

These were the opening lines to this novel, which piqued my interest because it was made into a movie with Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. While I can't say I enjoyed it or particularly liked it, I do have to admire the writing. Anyone who can make the reader feel like they've lived through an entire lifetime, in a matter of 220 pages, is someone worth reading. Thankfully, not all marriages are like the one portrayed here. This novel underscores the importance of never letting love get in the way of becoming one's own person.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment