Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cleaning Up Before He Comes

     It's funny how I spent the better part of today cleaning up my room (which I share with my twinnie), and when I posted my status online saying so, several friends responded saying, "So am I!"

     I remarked on this phenomenon to my twinnie, and discovered that this was not limited to my own circle of friends. "Seems like we're ALL cleaning up before Christmas," she said.

     And I was struck by how appropriate the physical act of housekeeping is, to reflect the inner cleansing that we go through to mark the coming of the baby Jesus.  This blog entry  on the relationship of physical and inner order had it down pat.

     I can hardly wait for Christmas eve mass later! For me, this is the highlight of Christmas... the part that I look forward to the most, even more than the simple family dinner we'll be having after, and even more than the exchanging of presents under our wee tree.

      I love singing the Christmas songs... I do think that the most beautiful songs ever composed are Christmas songs (O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night, and even Handel's Messiah and Bach's Weihnachtsoratorium for that matter). There's nothing like pouring out one's heart in song, in praise and thanksgiving for the biggest miracle that occurred 2008 years ago in faraway Bethlehem.

     Here's a clip I'd like to share, which contains some of my favorite parts from Messiah (For Unto Us A Child Is Born -- Is 9:6, There Were Shepherds Abiding In The Field -- Luke 2, Glory to God -- Luke 2:14). 

     Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. Buti ka pa, tapos na.... you know what?? i just arrived from our last singing engagement, then as I entered my room, grabe, disaster, clothes, piesa, shoes, hangers everywhere!!! ganun pala ka busy ang Christmas this year. hahaha, well, i think I'm gonna do some house/room keeping tom!!- my Christmas gift to myself. May you have a blessed Christmas and Prosperous New year!!!! Godbless ya Teacher Gabi!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you, Ily! See you around CMu! :) God bless always

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello gabz.merry christmas to you. i dont deserve to have my entry linked with yours, but thank you still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a belated Merry Christmas to you, too! :) Have a blessed New Year ahead.

    I linked your blog because I felt that you put it in writing far better than I could. :)

    ReplyDelete