Sunday, August 30, 2009

Texas Digital Library Repositories

http://repositories.tdl.org/tdl/
What a treasure-trove of online dissertations and theses! Try searching for "music" and you will be overwhelmed by thousands of free articles to browse.

Sample titles:

~ Schoenberg's transition to atonality (1904-1908): the use of intervallic symmetry and the tonal-atonal relationship in Schoenberg's pre-atonal compositions

~ Operas by Women in Twentieth Century America

~ William Byrd's English anthems and Latin motets: a stylistic comparison

~ Music as sinthome: joy riding with Lacan, Lynch, and Beethoven beyond postmodernism

4 comments:

  1. Thank u, Gabi. I'll return to this once i regain full access to the web. (My bro lent me his pc when he went away to cebu recently that's why I reappeared online. But oh, c0mputers and I are n0t c0mpatible. I think I did s0mething to his PC too! It's n0t w0rking anym0re. =S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Maybe one of the websites that you frequent is the source of a laptop-killer virus. :( I hope that you guys are able to have your respective laptops fixed, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw wish i discovered this in undergrad... solution, mag-aral ulit?!?!

    ReplyDelete