Sunday, June 29, 2008

Teacher Gabi

My life is one big giant whirl of lesson plans, classes, papers and homework to check, and huge cups of coffee to keep me awake during the day.

I'm hoping things will get better as my efficiency increases. Right now even my weekends are devoted to work.

I'm lucky to be able to take breaks from teaching, albeit the breaks themselves are education or work related, hehe.

Like last Friday, I met with my book club. 'Twas an all girls night out, and I loved every minute of it! Too bad I could not physically bring my book, so I did a "Christian," a la The Emperor's New Sonnet.

(Picture courtesy of Nicole)

The pretty ladies of Ex Libris Philippines
 
 
My life revolves around three schools:
 
RMM, where I teach from 7 a.m. til 2 p.m.
U.P., where I teach three afternoons/evenings a week,
and Ateneo, where I go for M.A. class twice a week.
 
The Ateneo is a lovely, lovely school! With landscaped surroundings complete with stone benches under the friendly canopy of trees, and an airconditioned library with desks to die for... it's the most student-friendly, conducive-for-studies place I've ever been to.
 
But my heart belongs to U.P.
 
Sure, Ateneo has nicer facilities. But that's pretty much about it.
Profoundly intelligent students/profs can be found in U.P. as well as in the Ateneo, but the UP ones are more varied and interesting ;)
And of course, both schools offer quality education but U.P. is considerably less expensive.  
 
~ ~ ~ ~
Blizzard Entertainment just announced that they will be releasing Diablo III soon.
O.M.G.
 
~ ~ ~ ~
 
The U.P. College of Music Voice Department proudly presents Giacomo Puccini's opera, MADAMA BUTTERFLY, showing on July 1, Tuesday, 7 p.m., at the SOLAIR Auditorium. Tickets for P100/ P50 for U.P. students with I.D.
See you there!
~ ~ ~ ~
 
I still get a kick everytime I enter ANX 236... which is "mine" for my designated teaching schedule in UP CMu. I get chills up and down my spine whenever I sit down the piano bench in front of the black Kawaii (which is not perfectly in tune, so it's a good thing I don't have perfect pitch).
 
Okay, time to go and attend to more lesson plans for the week ahead. *sigh*

9 comments:

  1. it's such a delight to still see you in school!!! but not as a student anymore, kakatuwa talaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a nice thing to say, Mika! :) Ako rin, tuwang tuwa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow diablo fan ka pla!!! nyahahahahahaha

    :D so busy busy...di ko kya yang ganyan ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blizzard Entertainment just announced that they will be releasing Diablo III soon.
    O.M.G.

    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. teacher! sensei! lao shi! hahahahaha!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww.... extensions??? Teacher ka na nga!!! D p kita nakikita sa CMU and I miss your voice!!! When is your next "SOLO" Concert?? hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I teach voice minors and concentration students, Ily.

    hehe i have no idea when I'll next perform but I'll surely let you know. Thanks so much Ily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. talaga????!!! wow!!! sana pala sayo na lang ako nag enroll ng concentration l!!!! (sigh...)

    ReplyDelete