Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Grad Recital

Waaaaaaa tapos na! :) Hahahaha I can't believe it. The Lord is so great, He allowed everything to proceed smoothly. The margin for error was great, but thanks to Him, the bloopers were minor and the show a success.

Thank you so much to the wonderful cast and crew who helped me... salamat sa inyo at gragraduate ako! I am truly so blessed to have such generous friends. A million thanks to Kuya Jonaf del Fierro, for giving up so many profitable singing/ choir engagements to study the lead role... Kuya Paul Aquino, for helping me out despite his hectic 7-working-days-a-week schedule... Eric Ferrer, my "lover," for lending his golden tenor voice to the production... Keith Segura, for being the most dashing notary ever seen on stage... Kevin Rebato, for being the best all-around-guy (I'm sorry for hitting you with my fan too many times to count!!)... Ate Cel and Herald Medina, for helping smoothen things out backstage by double checking props and cueing entrances and exits, the show couldn't have proceeded without their invaluable help... Diane Catibog, for being the nicest, most hardworking director I've ever worked with... Kim Bogz Feliz, wow what can I say? We're so lucky to have you accompany us! Who needs an orchestra when you have Bogz' exquisite playing? Thank you also to Jerome Zulueta for helping us out with the page-turning, and to June Gonzaga our make up artist who worked her magic on us and turned me into a princess for one evening. I FELT like Norina after seeing my reflection in the mirror, haha! :)

Of course, there's my twin, Tata, who was our reliable PM and my "reflection," thank you for making the time to come to rehearsals despite your crazy sched.at work! And my brother Ogot, ASM, for being the dependable TD with the lights as well.

Thank you to my wonderful parents and Lola, for all their support and for taking care of feeding the guests.

Thank you also to all those who came to watch!

For those who weren't able to make it, we have a 2nd showing on April 4, Friday, 6 p.m. at the UP College of Engineering Theater (3rd floor). P350 a ticket. It's our NGO's fundraising activity. Absolutely ALL proceeds will go towards funding the education of poor but deserving UP students.

AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM!

18 comments:

  1. reflection...hahahaha!
    well done and congrats. gra-graduate na tayo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gabi congrats!!! tapos ka na!!! weeh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ATE GABI! Grabe ka! You're ssoooo amazing! Congrats I have a lot of pics :) Tell me when you need them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Gabi! BTW, what bloopers? :) Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Gabi! You guys did really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Gabi!! ang galing galing mo kumanta :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaaaa thank you so much, you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ay bwiset di ko napanuod. Lagi pa naman akong nanunuod ng recitals mo. Sayang! Congrats Gabi! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, dashing, considering the fact that the notary is supposed to be played by an old comical man who squeals a lot, hehe. congrats gabi! it was an entrancing performance:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations ate gabi!!!! :) what a wonderful set of cast and crew, blessed ka talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  11. grabe! i loooooove that scene! galing!!!! everything else was so galing! speechless :P sosyal pa ung guests mO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat! :) Thanks for watching! Yup that's my parents' favorite scene as well. Nakakaloka daw talaga!!! It would have been more "nakakaloka" if we both wore identical dresses hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Ate Rina! :) I wish you could have been here to watch.

    ReplyDelete