Friday, March 30, 2007

The end has arrived!!!

The end of the sem, that is... haha, not the end of the world. I don't belong to any millenial sect (or if I did, I wouldn't advertise it)...


Woohoo... what a rush! Yesterday I had my piano finals (which I didn't do very good at... I totally messed up in my Czerny op. 740 etude and my other pieces were uninspired, at best). Grrr. Too bad that was my last piano exam ever, and I can't make up for it next sem. The college is no longer allowing students to take extra credit courses in minor/concentration, 1 on 1 subjects.


Moral lesson: One CANNOT cram for a piano exam in 1 week. C'est imposible (haha pardon my French).


I helped out with the two voice recitals yesterday, CONGRATULATIONS to Feona and Ate Michelle Sullera! Woohoo Ate Michelle... YOU DID IT! Mabuhay ang Madama Butterfly Humming Chorus! Ang gagaling natin! Bwahahaha


I'm so excited! I got assigned 11 out of 15(?) pieces for my next sem's recital (which will be sometime October...punta kayo a?). I'm singing Bach! SO EXCITED SO EXCITED SO EXCITED! I've never sung Bach before, and certainly not any chamber piece of his! I'm just a bit scared because the pieces require so many instrumentalists. Right now, I'm going to need the ff:


- -  2 violins


- - 1 viola


- - 1 trumpet


- - 1 flute


- - 1 cello


- -  1 harpsichord


- - 1 oboe


- - 1 bass singer


In short... I need HELP! Loads of it.


I just want to share excerpts from one of my pieces, the Coffee Cantata.


Oh, how good coffee tastes,


lovelier than a thousand kisses,


mellower than muscatel.


I must have coffee;


and if someone wants to give me a treat,


he should pour me a cup of coffee!


Cats never give up chasing mice,


and girls always remain coffee fiends.


Mother likes drinking coffee,


Grandma drank it too,


so who can blame our daughters?


Methinks J.S. Bach would have been a Starbucks afficionado, if he had been alive today.


Voice Major sem-ender party tonight. Wahoo! Can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of piano, i just took a look at my piece for next sem and i froze for 5 seconds...well, nothng slow practice cant handle. Yiee, cant wait for you grad recital, i wonder what itl be:) hehe yes voice major recital, i really hope i can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my dad's around Manila on the day of your recital, I'd tell him to come and watch. He loves Bach :)

    ReplyDelete