Saturday, March 24, 2007

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Whew! My 2nd recital's over. Just like THAT *snaps fingers ---->or i would if i could*


Thank you to all who watched! Lesley dear... thanks so much for helping out. Aaaaa!!


Last week was my first time to teach in an actual classroom (more specifically, the grade 4 students of UPIS)... for our MuEd 120 finals. It was exhausting and draining, but at the same time, thrilling and inspiring. :) I lost my voice after shouting for a little over an hour, but I was so proud of the little geniuses. Imagine! They composed their own songs (made them compose parts B,C,D of a song so they could comprehend RONDO form). "Noisy kids are smart," I told the class conspiratorially at the start of the session. Boy, they took it to heart. But it was alright because their noise was productive. :)


I think I'll enjoy next sem, teaching Music to elementary kids!! :)


I also got to accompany someone singing, for the first time EVER! It was TERRIFYING! It was during my students' voice recital for our MuEd 110 class. Little Maristel was nervous with the official accompanist and didn't sing that well during the run through. So when D-Hour approached, she asked (nay, IMPLORED me) if I could be the one to accompany her on the piano for Hillsong's "STILL."


Grabe. My fingers were shaking so badly the whole time. But I didn't make any mistakes! Woohoo! And Maristel sang so beautifully!


Am tired, today I went to Cubao for our 3rd session of the Kodaly workshop (a.m.) and then went to UP (p.m.) for the choral workshop with Dr. Leach. Will update more when I have more time and energy...

7 comments:

  1. wow.i'd "suffer" that noise. ME major eh. sori di ako nakanuod ate. T,T wala po ako sa mood that time. sorry. :D but thanks for inviting me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ei! wala yun :) will invite you to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabi, it's my turn to congratulate you. :) You were really good. Maybe I'm not that exposed to belle canto yet but what I heard during your recital, I found beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe. Maingay talaga ang mga tagaUPIS. Tignan mo ako. Pero tama ka ha... Noisy kids are smart. Hehe. Congrats sa recital. Sorry di ako nakapunta, may plate due kasi kinabukasan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christian!! Talaga, maingay ka? I haven't noticed! hahahaha

    Thanks so much. Invite kita sa next two recitals ko (madami pa hehe don't worry). Pasensya din, di ko kayo napapanood sa concerts niyo... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sige, invite mo ako hehe. As long as after ng April 2 yan libre na ako...

    ReplyDelete