Sunday, December 10, 2006

"Malamig ang simoy ng hangin..."

I had so much fun yesterday!


It just struck me that there's only one more week of school left... and then... PASKO NA!!! Well, practically.


I'm only starting to feel the Christmas season NOW. Maybe it's because of the weather. It's been nice and cool these past few days, quite a pleasant relief from the heat we're accustomed to.


I guess I'll feel even more Christmas-y come tomorrow, when I watch the TDR of our college's production of MESSIAH (tickets for the actual show on Tuesday were sold out weeks ago, I'm lucky to have gotten tickets for the dress rehearsal!!).


Nothing like Christmas to make one feel senti. *sigh* Christmas seems less magical and more realistic with each coming year.


I remember the good ol' days when I blissfully believed that it was TRULY Santa who brought the presents (I only awakened to the harsh reality that it was my parents doing the stocking stuffing three years ago, believe it or not!!).


I remember being all dressed up and ready to go for Christmas Eve mass, and watching the old fashioned Christmasy cartoons showing on Cartoon Network while waiting for the parents to finish dressing up.


I remember singing along to Jose Mari Chan's Christmas album in the car, on our way to the Church.


We've all been so busy, we haven't taken the time to look up the Christmas album of either Jose Mari Chan or Charlotte Church (Dream A Dream)!!


Gosh, I feel old.


This will be my last Christmas as a teenager. Next week, it will my 4th Lantern Parade (and my twinnie's last!), and my 3rd Oblation Run (i'm no maniac... but it's great fun waiting for the prancing peacocks to appear, when with friends!!).


I really want to make the most of my subjects, but right now, plantilla-making/materials hunting/TEACHING voice/practicing is taking up way too much time that I haven't even bought Christmas gifts for some of my loved ones yet! :(:(: Guys, sorry a, bawi ako come January.


For the first time, I'm regretting taking 19 units this sem.


*toddles off to practice the 3 voices in Bach's three part invention in g minor... Gabi's assignment for her piano lesson next week*


 

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte Church's Dream a Dream?! That's a very-hard-to-find album! I have all her albums ("ALL" means yung classical albums lang niya. hindi kasali sa "all" yung latest albums niya... yung mga Pop) except that... huhu T_T
    Tell me if you get a copy, Ate! :)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ako rin! ;-) I have "all" her albums (the classical ones) except that Dream A Dream's missing... I think i lent it to a "friend" and it never got returned. :( oh well, there's always LimeWire!

    ReplyDelete