Monday, December 4, 2006

Am so mad...

Last night, this really irritating person who I used to think of as a "friend" texted me something that really made me blow my top.


Context: I was a bit panicky because my uncle had just been confined that day to the hospital and diagnosed with dengue. The normal platelet count is 140,000 -- 200,000. Critical is 20, 000. My uncle's was 9,000 last night. So I texted a lot of people, asking for potential donors of blood (type A+).


This R.I.P (short for really irritating person) texted back, saying that he was type A.


I replied: "Ei... it's got to be A+. Thanks very much though."


And then he replied with: "O, tignan mo ang sagot ng malditang bruha!"


What the?!?!?!??!


I ask you... even if you were the nicest, sweetest person in the world, would you just sit back and do nothing when called a malditang bruha?


Maldita na. Bruha pa.


I got so mad, I scared even myself.


I do not like who I become when I am mad.


I texted back: "What's wrong with my reply? Nagpasalamat ako a! IKAW ang malabo! "Malditang bruha," indeed. And you call yourself a Christian?"


R.I.P: "I find it ungrateful, though. You didn't even ask me if I'm A+. Fact is, I am A+. I'm sorry, I was just trying to help because I thought you needed one (sic)."


Gabi: "For a Christian, you take an automatic un-Christian view of everything. An ungrateful person wouldn't even thank you.You only texted that you were A. In an emergency, we need accurate info. We didn't want to trouble you unnecessarily. If you REALLY wanted to help, you'd say you were A+."


R.I.P: "I wouldn't even text you if I didn't want to help. Don't worry, nobody would know that you personally JUDGE people if they're REAL Christian(s) or not. (sic)"


Gabi: "I'm not worried. I am what I am. People will judge me by my actions, in the same way you will be judged for who you are and what you do. You seem to be forgetting you were the first to pass judgement in this case."


Gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....


Comments, anyone?

11 comments:

  1. OMG, Gabi, RIP nga siya! I would have done the same. Really, any SANE person would have done the same thing you did. (Folds sleeves of shirt) Tara, upakan natin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! thanks brenda :) baka makita natin siya bukas hehe around 4 pm. you hold, i punch? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure. Work out na tayo ngaun para bugbog-sarado siya bukas. Hehe.

    Uy, btw, sorry for not being able to reply sa text mo. I ran out of load. 11:30 is fine.

    Musta na pala uncle nyo? Ang baba nga ng platelet count nya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ei! Thanks brenda :) his count went down to 7k this morning but it went up again to 28k ... so we're optimistic now :)

    Don't EVER go to Asian Hospital if you or your family get sick, ok?!??!! Horror stories galore. Kwento ko sa iyo bukas

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really dont wanna pass judgment, but what he did was uncalled for.
    Im sorry he had to do that, and considering the situation, you never should have had to experience that. I do hope you feel better about it, i admire ur "self-control" in that situation.no one else would have replied so kindly, me included. Hope things go well there:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Keith :) i'm reminded of your post about nasty people. I guess one way of looking at it is... Things would be dull without R.I.P's to add spice to Life. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugghhh ang kapaaaal!! Sorryyy.. sobrang overboard lang ng mga sinabi niya. Tadyakan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grrr! Upakan na natin, gusto mo?!?!

    How rude! (in the style of Michelle, from Full-House... played by Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen)

    He probably misinterpreted your first text but still! If ever he did, he should've asked to clarify and not conclude! Malditang bruha?!?!?!

    Upakan na talaga natin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.. how bout karate? Kick kick.. Hiyahhhh.. Im sorry to hear about your uncle.. How is he now? I actually know what it feels like, i had dengue din last September. Hmm.. but if the platelet count continues to rise, he might not have to engage na to blood transfusion.. wil pray for your uncle and your family. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ilalabas ko ang mga tanks ko with matching mega guns (whatever that is) and super duper bombs (isa pa to, ano to?) mag costume na nga tayo at upakan!

    haaay.. actually., kung ako yung tinext na malditang bruha, at ng mga kung ano ano pa.. i would do the same thing dear gabey! and hindi lang yun! sosobra pa. i hate myself too when i'm mad and i'll make sure that person's gonna hate me forever pagkatapos nyang gawin yang mga malditang bruha na yan! kaloka! sorry., kabwisit. nabwisit din ako----powers powers ko--para akong nag teleport papunta dyan! kainis!

    but anyway, i'll pray for your uncle and family. hopefully you guys will get more blood asap. trust him. God Bless Gabeeey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Krina, Boardmate Kris, Mars, and Eni!! :) waaaa. Anyway, Pasko na... peace on earth and all that. I'm trying... Mahirap gawin!

    ReplyDelete