Friday, October 20, 2006

My first recital!!!

Wow! I can't believe it's over! An entire sem's worth of preparation... finished, just like that *SNAPS FINGERS*


Last night was my first undergraduate solo recital. :) And it was a blast!!


At first I was so nervous, and I think my teacher sensed it too. She went backstage to fix my hair (IDOL! She was able to fix my hair in a neat bun with only FIVE hair pins and a scrunchie)... and guided me through breathing exercises. It helped me A LOT.


I was still nervous when I went onstage for the first song, but come the second song I warmed up already. And everything went smoothly from then on. :)


Thank you to Ate Michelle Nicolasora! It was such a privilege working with you and making music together! I look forward to the next time we do so. :)


THANK YOU SO MUCH to Papa and Mama! For providing every kind of assistance imaginable (financial, emotional, etc.)... thanks also to my make up artist and emcee-of-sorts, my clone Tata... thank you to my personal bodyguard and bouncer, my witul brother Ogot! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!


Thank you also to my beautiful Lola Lolita and Uncle Digoy, coming all the way from Alabang... for the gorgeous flowers!


Thank you also to everyone who took time off from their busy schedules to come see my first recital... Sir Eudy, Ma'am Vina, Ma'am Luci, Ma'am Sherla, Sir Queano, Sir Aureus, Ate Maricris, Jaime, Christian and Francis from Archi, Raymond, Domini, Feon, etc.


And of course, to my teacher, Ma'am Aileen Cura... THANK YOU PO SO MUCH!


(Boy this acknowledgement post is getting pretty long)


Waaaaa!?!?! As Tata and Ogot would say, "I am FREEDOM!"


Of course, I still have to prepare for a little performance next Saturday. Have to memorize 12 songs, whew! But aside from that, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

4 comments:

  1. waaah gabi!!! i missed your never-sould-be-missed performance :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi krina!! :) aw, that's ok... dami pa naman hehe. one down, three more to go! Invite kita next time uli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! congrats! congrats! enjoy your vacation. hehe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks feon! good luck din sa iyo... lapit na din! :) mabuhay si schumann at ang FRAUENLIEBE!

    ReplyDelete