Friday, August 18, 2006

My poor knees

I haven't had these many bruises on my knees/arms/shoulders/other body parts since I stopped training with the UP Taekwondo Team, quite a while back now.

Ack! And the cause for these bruises is STAGE MOVEMENT CLASS.

But it's all worth it, because Sir Anton absolutely LOVED our group's final presentation today (key concept: Trauma... our piece is entitled "Nightmare"). It helped that we had 100% swak-na-swak music (thank you George Crumb for the use of your Black Angels for Electric String Quartet!!!) Haha, I'm so glad that all those MuL classes weren't for naught after all.

Ang galing galing namin!! It was doubly amazing (well, for me, that is) since our group was composed of the non-Theater majors in the class (well, we had one theater major groupmate, but she's a freshie and doesn't have a lot of experience to draw from). I hoped only to match the other group's movement piece (yup, that's right, the all-theater-major group) but today's performance exceeded my highest expectations!! :)

In Sir A's own words:
"I loved your piece! Wonderful! Beautiful!"

I'm so happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Aside: Watched CLICK today with the rest of the family. (Thanks to Ate Michelle N. and Raymond for recommending it to us! We were choosing between Click and My super ex girlfriend...) Boohoohoooo it made us cry buckets of tears (that part where Adam Sandler was crawling through the rain to get to his son... CLASSIC, I tell you!!). Even my dad and my bro shed a manly tear or two! (or make that two dozen hahahaha)

Three day weekend! Yipee! I SO need this. Got pieces to study, papers to type, books to read, shows to watch..

No comments:

Post a Comment