Saturday, October 21, 2023

Book Review: LIGHT BRINGER (Red Rising #6) by Pierce Brown

Light Bringer (Red Rising Saga, #6)Light Bringer by Pierce Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slag it but P.B. has gone and done it again. Our modern Homer writes of war, and of our favorite fallible hero, Darrow, he who fathered a revolution and was tainted by the corruption of absolute power, but is now fighting for peace within the solar system.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life is just a series of years spent waiting for the next addition to the Red Rising saga.

Book 6 is obviously a post-pandemic book. I don't want to post anything, but there are parts that make you go, "P.B. has been touched by death."

As have we all.

We read P.B. because no one writes action like he does, no one mixes philosophy and political science with the intrigue of realpolitik versus classical ideals.

And far from escaping our modern world, P.B. does what the best scifi authors do: make visible the cracks in the real world by painting parallels in the world of his art. And shining a light on a possible path forward.

Forever and always a fan of this author, and this classic work.

Decades from now, the series will be hailed as a masterpiece.

One more book left?!?! I don't know how I'll wait that long, but I must. Reading this book over the course of two weeks remains a highlight in a lifetime spent with books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment