Monday, February 4, 2019

Book Review: THE WINTER OF THE WITCH by Katherine Arden

The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3)The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"I have been running through the dark, trying to save all who have need of me. I have done good and I have done evil, but I am neither. I am only myself. You will not make me ashamed."

This book was exhausting to read!! But in a good way. It starts off immediately after the events of Book 2. No time to sit and pause for breath. It sweeps you up and takes you for a wild canter.

You know how it's a huge deal for a novel to feature one epic battle scene?
Well, this one has TWO.

I thought things would settle down after the first battle, but then I saw several chapters more to go. I doubted anything could top the first battle, but I was wrong. Ahahahaha.

This novel also featured one of the most beautiful love scenes I have ever read. It was so well done, there was nothing explicit, and yet it made my cold dead heart beat ever so faster because of the tenderness and emotions it evoked.

I also don't remember crying over the death of an animal as much as I did in this book!

And guys can we please appreciate the absolute marvel of a cover?!? One time where the cover matches the inside!

Worth paying extra, get the hardbound already! No regrets.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment