Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's SUMMER BREAK!?!?!

Woohoo! At long last! Summer is icumen! ---> er, summer has arrived!


Monday: Watched the last two vcd's of the first Kodaly session at MTP, ran a few chores. Met up with Richard, Christian and Nerie (a.k.a. the "Archi peeps") and Tata at Choco Kiss for a long overdue lunch/ bonding session. *haha Christian I still can't forgive you for making me laugh so hard that I threw my head back and did a "Zidane" to the waiter!! on second thought, buti nga sa kanya since the service was/IS really lousy* 


After lunch, I headed over to the Alumni Billiards table and played billiards with the master of pool himself... Keith!! Thanks so much for the lesson!


I was planning to watch Albert's recital in the evening, but then the parents texted that we had to leave UP early. "You need to pack for our overnight stay at the beach tomorrow," the message said. Tata and i were like: "Beach?!? We're going to THE BEACH?!?" Talk about an instant vacation!


Tuesday: Went to Munting Buhangin, in Batangas (beach nga talaga!!) Was tired after the trip so I joined my dad in a looong afternoon nap while the siblings frolicked around in the water.


We also stayed up late at night, playing Scrabble while reading our respective books when waiting for our turn. Hehe.


We also couldn't sleep because of the karaoke kings who sang nonstop from the time we arrived til the lifeguard made them shut up late at night... at 10 p.m.  No wonder there are all those stories about people killing one another over karaoke singing! I must admit to having homicidal thoughts cross my mind, especially when this particularly brave karaoke singer sang his heart out, with 200 % emotions but 99.9% of the time OUT OF TUNE. PARUSA!


TODAY: This morning, we rode a banca to one of the little coral islands. ADVENTURE!! The waves were ENORMOUS! It was rather dangerous, actually. At one point, the two banceros couldn't bring the banca to shore (or anywhere NEAR it) because the waves were so strong and high. The three of us Francisco kids had to swim out to sea and help push the boat nearer so the others could board it.


I have multiple cuts on my arms/legs/feet from being battered onto razor-sharp corals and rocks by the strong waves. Ouchie ouch. Playing hero isn't at all glamorous or fun.


We moved to another beach where the water was (A WHOLE LOT) calmer and went snorkeling. There weren't enough life vests so the 3 of us Francisco kids went without. Times like these, I'm glad our dad made us go through swimming training in our youth. We had pretty great National Geographic moments! I LOOOOOOOVE snorkeling!


We went back to shore, had lunch, and left for Manila after. Overnight lang talaga. Short but sweet. I can't wait to go back to the beach! Hopefully we get to do it one more time before summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment